When it comes to cleaning, it is always important to have the right tools on your side. Aside from the fact that you don’t want to waste time, purchasing products that you have to use every day can take longer especially if you don’t know where to start looking.
Mopping can be a little bit exasperating chore sometimes especially if you’ve got the wrong kind of product. Thus, getting the best mop for tile floors can make a big difference in your life. With the good mop for tile on your side, you can keep your tile spotless and free from germs so check out this list of what we consider the best in the market:
Comparison Chart of 5 Top Rated Mop For Tile Floors
|BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop||6 pounds||11.6 x 7.1 x 28.6 inches||4.1/5|
|Shark Steam Pocket Mop||4.87 pounds||51.2 x 12 x 5.9 inches||4.2/5|
|O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop||5.38 pounds||19.5 x 11.7 x 11.5 inches||4.3/5|
|Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe||9.9 pounds||20 x 14 x 11.5 inches||4.2/5|
|O-Cedar Microfiber Cloth Mop||1.8 pounds||61 x 6.5 x 4.5 inches||4/5|
6 Best Mop for Tile Reviews 2018
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner, 1940
You want to a spotless and sanitized floor then PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940 from BISSELL might be the best quality mop for tile you are waiting for. Clean up and sanitize any type of hard floor you have whether it’s marble, vinyl, laminate, ceramic tile, sealed hardwood floors, or stone. Its advanced features can certainly get rid of your floor’s sticky or tough dirt that dried on.
Mop all you want and enjoy the fresh scent that follows everywhere you go with scent discs. But since it’s a steam mop, not a vacuum, you still have to vacuum before or after using this product to remove small debris on the floor.
Features and Specifications:
- BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop can be used on all sealed hard floor surfaces such as tile, vinyl, stone, marble, hardwood, and laminate.
- The removable water tank is refillable anytime to maintain its recommended water requirement.
- Its rectangular 12.5 inches wide mop head which swivel can clean floors in record time without leaving an unclean corner.
- The mop pads which contain elastic band on the edge are made of washable and reusable antibacterial microfiber.
- The Easy Scrubber feature can handle the sticky and messy job for you especially grout. Just lock it into position with your foot and you’re good to go.
- 6 x 7.1 x 28.6 in.
- Weighs 8.3 lbs.
- It can stand up on its own
- Very lightweight
- Can fit small on storage areas
- Can be assembled in just a few snaps and screw
- Has a built-in SmartSet steam control
- In some cases, the cop of the water container breaks easily which causes the leak.
- No On/Off Switch and carpet glider
Shark Steam Pocket Mop (S3501)
Another candidate for the best rated mop for tile is the Shark Steam Pocket Mop Model # S3501. Just like BISSELL PowerFreash Steam Mop, Shark’s steam mop can turn plain water into an improved and super-hot steam to remove different kinds of stubborn dirt on your floor. If your good old mop can no longer satisfy your cleaning demands, why waste your time and stick to it? This Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501 can help you on your day to day battle with dirt and germs.
The swiveling head and ergonomic design of this steam mop make the cleaning of your floor easier and faster. Even without the use of chemicals, you can achieve a germ-free and odor-free floor.
Features and Specifications
- Powerful steam is ready in just 30 seconds and dries fast.
- Wide-angled mop head can be rotated to clean various areas.
- 9% sanitation with ordinary water and 0 chemical.
- Washable and double-sided microfiber mop pads that can lift and trap in the dirt.
- 20 ft. power cord that can be stored and released easily.
- Easy to maneuver handle with soft-grip and comfy design.
- A long power cord that can help you clean around furniture with less need to unplug and re-plug your cord to closer outlets.
- Clear viewing window on the water tank.
- Up to 450 ml water tank capacity.
- 2 x 12 x 5.9 in
- Weighs 4.87 lbs.
- Big water storage
- Long power cord to avoid using an extension cord or unplugging and re-plugging to nearby outlets
- Double-sided mop head to clean more surfaces
- Durable and washable mop pads
- No “Ready” and “Empty” light indicator for water
- No On/Off power switch
- No steam blaster and touch-free technology
O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop and Bucket Floor Cleaning System
If you hate bending frequently to wring your mop, O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop and Bucket System have a solution for that. O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop and Bucket System can help you diminish your backaches caused by bending frequently just to wash and wring your mop pad. As its name suggests, it has a built-in wringer that can be activated in just a step on the pedal.
With this O-Cedar mop, you can clean your floor better without exerting too much effort. Not to mention the fact that you can lessen the mess without even bending and getting your hands wet.
Features and Specifications
- Built-in bucket system for hands-free wringing.
- Easy to adjust mop handle for extending.
- Flexible mop head with washable microfiber mop pads.
- Mop pads refill can be bought on physical stores and online stores.
- High-quality microfiber mop pads to remove and absorb tough dirt.
- The microfiber mop pads are proven and tested to be safe and effective on all surfaces.
- Best when wet or dry for dusting.
- Built-in Splash Guard for less mess by keeping the water splash inside the bucket.
- Unique triangular mop head shape to clean around furniture and corners better.
- 5 x 11.7 x 11. 5 in.
- Weighs 5.4 lbs.
- Adjustable mop handle
- Exclusive bucket system with wringer
- Smart mop head shape to clean hard to reach areas and corners
- Washable and reusable microfiber mop pad
- Appropriate to all hard floor surfaces
- Its small plastic gears can make the pedal and wringer useless once broken
- Small mop head
- Only 51 inches long mop handle
Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop with 2 Microfiber Mop Heads
Looking for the top rated mop for tile can be a little hard but Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop can certainly make you satisfied. Frequently spotted on the top spot for the best mops, this stainless steel mop from Mopnado can give you the top performance you’ve been looking for. From the looks to its functions and features, cleaning your tile or any hard floor surfaces can be easy as ABC.
You can also use Mopnado Stainless Steel Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop to clean hard to reach surfaces like your ceiling, walls, and glass panels. After cleaning, you can wash its durable mop head on your washing machine.
Features and Specifications
- 2 microfiber mop heads and an extra scrub brush.
- Adjustable mop handle that can be extended from 47 to 56 inches long for cleaning ceiling or even ceiling fans.
- 14 inches wide microfiber mop pad and scrub brush.
- Large bucket system for water storage that can be carried by the handle or by pulling.
- Built-in soap dispenser to keep your favorite cleaning liquid soap.
- Durable mop plate for easy refilling of microfiber mop pads by using your hands or foot.
- Perfect for cleaning all surfaces especially tiles.
- Weighs 9.9 pounds
- Available in color lime only
- 14 x 20 x 11.5 inches
- Durable and made of stainless steel
- Can be carried or pulled
- Easy to twist and tighten when adjusting the mop handle
- Deep cleaning microfiber mop pads
- Contains an extra scrub brush
- The mop can be a little bit expensive for some users
- It takes longer to wring the mop pad dry
Libman Wonder Mop
Have you ever wondered why you’ve never tried to switch to another mop earlier? Then perhaps, you’ve never heard of Libman Wonder Mop before! Choosing a mop that will keep your floors clean without getting your hands wet can be challenging especially if you don’t have enough budget. But with the great combination of design and modern features to improve the traditional mops, Libman Wonder Mop has made it possible to rock the market by keeping things simple.
Try this Wonder Mop that will be able to serve its purpose for a long time and make your floor look good as new.
Features and Specifications
- Patented wringer cup that removes the water without getting your hands wet.
- Uses microfiber GRIP STRIPS that can lift up to 20% of dirt on your tile floor easily.
- Great on almost all types of hard floors like wood and stone floors.
- Very durable mop for everyday use to clean and dry floors faster.
- Machine washable and reusable mop head up to 50 times.
- Steel handle coated with electrostatic powder and molded with hanger tip.
- Molded grip and wringer cup made of polypropylene.
- Easy to attach and remove mop head
- Multi-colored mop
- 232 x 7 x 3.5 in.
- Weighs 1.0 lbs.
- Lightweight mop
- Compatible to clean most floor surfaces
- Machine washable mop head
- Super absorbent microfiber grip strips
- Very simple to use
- Sturdy and easy to maneuver handle
- Traps in dirt and liquid well
- The mop head isn’t large enough to clean large areas
- The microfiber material leaves streaks sometimes
- Takes long to dry
O-Cedar Microfiber Cloth Mop
When it comes to naming trusted brands, O-Cedar is certainly one of them. As a matter of fact, O-Cedar is one of the best-selling brands for cleaning products like mops. If you are tired of getting on your knees and hands to scrub your floor, this best-selling commercial mop from O-Cedar might be the answer you are looking for.
O-Cedar Microfiber Cloth Mop is an ideal mop if you are on a tight budget without sacrificing the product’s quality check. With a microfiber
Features and Specifications
- Made from durable and eco-friendly materials.
- Doesn’t require electricity to work, unlike steam mops and vacuums.
- Lightweight and easy to use without too much effort.
- Removable and affordable machine washable mop head on stores.
- Great and safe for cleaning vinyl, linoleum, tile, and hardwood floor surfaces.
- Compatible head design with microfiber cloth mop refills.
- The perfect pair of Quick Wring Bucket product for hands-free wringing.
- Simple yet excellent design for cleaning delicate floors, walls, ceiling, and upholstery with its soft and fluffy microfiber refills.
- Super absorbent microfiber mop head for less mess.
- 2 x 6.5 x 4.5 in.
- Weighs 1.78 lbs
- Lightweight mop
- Perfect for tight budgets
- Uses washable microfiber mop head
- Microfiber mop head refill available in stores
- Gentle mop head on floor surfaces
- Reusable mop head up to 100 times
- Short mop handle
- Inefficient design
- Head breaks easily when given too much pressure
- Doesn’t come with free a bucket wringer
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Mop for Tile Floors:
Whereas other mops can be limited to other kinds of floor surfaces, taking care of your tile floors isn’t that hard like what others think. Therefore, it is better to keep in mind that checking a list of factors to consider for buying the top mop for tile floors is vital. But before you get carried away from the options out there, here are the factors to consider when shopping for the best selling mop for tile floors:
What type of tile do you need to clean?
First thing’s first, you should know the type of tile floor you are about the clean. Considering that other mops can cause damage to some floor surfaces, you don’t want to buy a mop that will make you regret later, do you?
Know the kind of texture your tiles have since it will determine which best mop for tile you have to buy. Check if its texture on top is smooth or not. Does it contain a texture that can trap dirt? There are hundreds of textured tile out there and as attractive as they can be, remember that they are more challenging to clean. At the end of the day, you’ll have to try all cleaning agents and tools to get rid of its dirt. This is where scrub mops come to be handy since smooth tiles can be taken more easily by traditional mops with microfiber pads.
Is it necessary to use steam?
When using traditional mops, cold or warm water with soap can be enough. However, some dirt on your tile might require might require more aggressive action which steam mops can provide. Rather than using the gold old mixture of water and chemical to get rid of dirt and germs, steam mops can do both even without chemicals.
Though steam mops are commonly more expensive than the traditional mops out there, its powerful steam can really make miracles that ordinary water and soap can’t. If you think that your tile requires deep cleaning regularly, investing in the best steam mop can save you more time, money, and effort.
How much water do you need?
Mops can be handy when dusting but since it is handier when wet to lift dirt, water is very important as well. With traditional mops, regular buckets usually do the trick but when it comes to the amount of water you need to wet your floor, the pads matter.
If you want to mop your tile with a little bit more water, the typical mop with long strand can work just fine. But if you want to keep your water in minimum, especially if you have a water supply problem, use a microfiber mop pad. You can also check if the mop includes a bucket system in its package and how much water it can contain.
Why should you own a mop for tile floors?
Obviously, having your own mop gives you more advantage when cleaning. Whether you want a traditional mop or a modern mop, cleaning your floor with it is easier and way faster. Vacuuming can suction dust and other small particles but you won’t be able to call it clean 99.9% if there are tough dirt left on or in between your tiles. Therefore, owning a mop can certainly solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use steam mops on all kinds of floor surfaces?
Steam mops have made a groundbreaking point when it comes to getting rid of tough dirt on the floor. By offering cleaning and sanitizing features, steam mops have become best-sellers worldwide. However, even the best mop for tile floors that use steam can be limited to other floor surfaces. Thus, steam mops are recommended on sealed hard floor surfaces only.
- Why is it unsafe to use steam mops on unsealed floor surfaces?
Before you buy a steam mop, be sure to know what type of floor surface you are going to clean. Steam mops produce really hot steam to clean and sanitize surfaces. However, its steam can also cause damage and swelling when used on unsealed surfaces.
- Can I use my steam mop as a vacuum?
Many customers send complaints because their steam mops are damaged but what others don’t know is that steam mops are not like vacuum cleaners. Both mops are designed to clean but steam mops don’t have suction to pick up dirt and small debris on your floor. Steam mops are for cleaning, sanitizing, and removing tough dirt but small debris can damage your mop’s steam holes when clogged.
- How long does it take to heat up my steam mop?
Depending on the brand and model of steam mop you want to buy, the exact number of seconds or minute before it heats up may vary. Other steam mops like Shark heat up already in 30 seconds.
- Can I leave my steam mop idle while it’s On?
There are some cases wherein you get unexpected calls, visitors or even finish tasks at the same time. But once your steam mop is turned On, never leave your steam mop in one spot for more than 20 seconds because it can cause damage on your floor.
Even if you only intend to use it once a week or once a month, you can never know when you will need a mop the most. Aside from the 6 listed mops above, there are other mops in the market that can suit your budget. But if you go back to the factors to consider when buying mop for tile above, you’ll find our list very helpful to spot the right mop.
Some companies include instruction on how to clean specific tiles properly so if you have 1 or more kinds of tile to clean at home, purchasing more than 1 mop is recommended.